Complex of Vocational Schools them. Władysław Matlakowski
Slightly moved away from the main course of Krupówki, behind the Foluszowy stream, the building of the educational institution stands first from the north, which maintains the traditions of the oldest vocational school in Zakopane - the School of Wood Industry.
First, there was a woodcarving school, also known as the Professional School for Przemyśl Drzewny, established thanks to the efforts of the Tatra Society. From 1883 r. was based at Krupówki no 8. Sculpture and artistic carpentry were taught here. Franciszek Neuźil became the first director – German of Czech descent, who deservedly as an organizer and host. He initiated the Zakopane souvenir industry and published several professional textbooks. However, he was strongly criticized by Stanisław Witkiewicz and other supporters of the Zakopane style for this, that he promoted Swiss and Tyrolean patterns, treating the style of the Podhale highlanders with disregard, which he called peasant. Another director, Edgar Kovats, Hungarian, known for his fierce fighting on styles with Stanisław Witkiewicz, he introduced the Zakopane method into the curriculum. It was a refinement of the Podhale design with gilding, baroque ornaments and mannerist ornaments. The first director, who introduced elements of the Zakopane style, was Stanisław Barabasz, also known as the precursor of skiing in the Tatra Mountains.
Today's school complex consists of the Construction Technical School, Technical School of Regional Construction, Basic Construction School and Basic Vocational Training School.